Salary: 150K – 200K
Our client is a market leader in freight forwarding, with over 30 years experience providing logistics services to various industries e.g. mining, oil & gas, aid & relief and power / infrastructure.
They seek to hire a Project Cost Analyst to support the business development team with accurate and commercially viable project costings.
- To assist business development managers to determine the requirements of their clients and advise on the design and related cost implications of clearing and transport projects.
- Work with the operations team and other related departments and understand any changes in the cost to company of component parts of the services provided and ensure these are reflected in the rates generated
- Design rate sheets for the different cargo types and the related processes and costs for clearing the cargo
- Be actively involved in reviewing the cost-base of the clearing and forwarding process and benchmarking company rates against prevailing market rates
- Review and maintain rebillable project accounts and communicate any potential risks
- Higher Diploma in Finance, Maths or related field
- 3 years experience in pricing logistics and clearing & forwarding projects
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in developing working pricing models and costing international shipping into/out of COMESA region
- Knowledge of port operations and customs and clearance processes in COMESA region
- Experience in tender/proposal development
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines