Our client, a prestigious International Luxury Hotel company, in Nairobi is looking for a Cost Controller. The successful candidate will be in charge of maintaining and safeguarding all the assets in the hotel and prepare monthly reports for the hotel consumption of all stocks and supplies daily accounting and controlling of stocks and carry out monthly F & B inventory.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/facilities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Handle guest complaints following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel policies and procedures.
• Create items or products in the inventory and point of sales systems.
• Coordinate with all Departmental Heads on Par Stock levels for all Store Inventory items and to thereafter
• Maintain re-order levels.
• Control all inventory items maintaining minimum working stock levels;
• Ensure that items are stored properly and issued in rotation to minimise wastage and spoilage
• Prepare menu costing in coordination with the F&B and Kitchen leadership;
• Ensure vendors deliver items based on the agreed upon quality and hygiene standards.
• Spot check daily receiving and store keeping procedures to ensure they are being adhered to.
• Verify the accuracy of all invoices received by the Clerk & ensure proper matching to purchase orders.
• Monitor daily store requisitions and ensure that the inventory system is updated.
• Organize and coordinate the inventory process for the outlets, kitchens and stores.
• Prepare an accurate and timely consumption report of all stocks and supplies expensed.
• Perform random checks at outlets to ensure cost control & procedures are implemented efficiently.
• Check and verify all reconciled inventory reports with book balance, actual counts and unit costs.
• Monitor all costs in operating departments and recommend measures to control them.
• Assist the F&B department in completing the Budget and Forecast where applicable.
• Improve cost control and revenue generated system to be more effective.
- Degree in finance or accounting.
• Three (3) years accounting experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel
• Ability to analyze financial statements, forecasting and budgeting.
• Effective decision making, negotiation and influence skills.
• Effective conflict management and customer relations skills.
• Good presentation and platform skills.
• Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies, and equipment.
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department.
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards.
• Ability to focus on details and resolve numerical problems.
• Prior training in guest relations