Program Officer – Gender Job at The Council Of Governors
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position: Program Officer – Gender
The Program Officer – Gender will work closely with the Gender Committee of Council of Governors to support the integration of a gender approach in policies, legislation and other County Strategy.
Responsibilities for the Gender Program Officer Job
- Reporting to the Director Programs, Program Officer – Gender will perform the following duties:
- Serve as technical advisor to Committee clerks and field programs in gender equality, women’s empowerment, and gender analysis
- Maintain up –to –date statistics and gender program data in collaboration with M&E for gender related performance reporting.
- Develop a tool to assess gender mainstreaming at CoG and Counties and track gender mainstreaming.
- Develop a gender action plan for the Council of Governors.
- Continuously report on progress and lessons learned on gender mainstreaming at the
- Counties while tracking national policy and legislation on the same
- Designing a system of monitoring and evaluating project achievement related to gender.
- Development of a simple database of gender experts who would be available, as required to support Counties in gender mainstreaming including in the development plans such as CIDPs
- Drafting a coherent and consistent project proposal and elaborating a budget for the proposed project activities.
- Lead development of proposals for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Participate in divisional and cross-divisional program/project planning and proposal development, including mainstreaming gender equality into all CoG’s proposals and programs.
- Responsible for integrating and monitoring gender – related project indicators to promote and document equal opportunity gender equality in project interventions.
- With M&E officer and committee clerks measure the effectiveness of the sexual and discriminatory harassment reporting system.
- Actively coordinate program work on gender with other partners, both within government, implementing agencies and donors.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in implementing gender equality activities.
- Write report, success stories, technical briefs and abstracts for presentations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications for the Gender Program Officer Job
- A Degree in Gender Studies and/or Development Studies, Law, Public Administration or any other relevant social sciences field.
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be considered an added advantage
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in democracy and governance especially in
- Devolution and gender expertise/assignments;
- An understanding of the Kenya Constitution 2010 and devolution related legislations;
- Understanding of international conventions on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Possession of advanced computer skills.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with CoG clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; Contract Duration
- The contract duration is for three years renewable annually subject to performance and availability of resources.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates,testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday 16th June 2017 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.