Director Of Programmes Job at the Council Of Governors
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position:DIRECTOR PROGRAMMES
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director Programmes will ensure effective and flexible coordination and implementation of CoG programmes by ensuring that all committees’ projects and activities are implemented as per their terms of reference. The Director Programmes Provide leadership, coordination and guidance on all matters
pertaining to the smooth implementation of the Programme activities at the Council of Governors in accordance with the CoG strategic plan and the Terms of Reference for the thematic committees.
Responsibilities for the Director Of Programmes Job
- Serve as the principal point of contact between the relevant committee clerks and office of the Chief Executive Officer;
- Ensure that Programme activities are being performed adequately, on schedule and in accordance with contractual documents, the strategic plan and other relevant documents;
Liaise and coordinate activities with the National Government, Development Partners and other CoG stakeholders and represent the interests of the Council of Governors in stakeholder meetings;
- Liaise with CoG Secretariat Administration Department to ensure that all projects tendering for works, goods and consulting services is done in accordance with GoK procedure and requirements;
- Monitor the deliverables of consulting services (individuals & firms) and provide the necessary feedback to the consultants on a timely basis and submit appropriate written comments and recommendation to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer;
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are established and implemented for the inspection and monitoring of the work of consultants and contractors, so as to be able to certify that works and services are satisfactorily accomplished in compliance with Terms of
- Reference and evaluate performance considering in regard to the same;
- Lead the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and quarterly progress reports in collaboration with committee clerks and heads of Units at the Council of Governors Secretariat;
- Organize periodic evaluation meetings with CoG staff regarding the progress of the activities of the Committees, the difficulties encountered and possible solutions;
- Monitor the expenditures, commitments and balance of funds in line with the annual work plan and reporting requirements;
- Prepare terms of reference for national and international consultants and subcontractors for the Council of Governors.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications for the Director Of Programmes Job
- A Masters Degree in economics, Development Studies, International Relations, Public Administration or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 year experience in programme coordination or relevant assignments
- Strong leadership capabilities and a demonstrated record of successful leadership of multi-disciplinary teams;
- An understanding of the Kenya Constitution 2010 and devolution;
- Strong report writing skills.
- Have demonstrated a high degree in work ethics and competencies.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve
- performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resources needs of CoG.
- The contract duration is for three (3) years renewable annually subject to availability of resources and performance.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday, 16th June 2017 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for as the Email subject.
Applicants must attach certificate of clearance from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department (CID);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and
Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.