Health Committee Internship at the Council Of Governors
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
Responsibilities for the Health Committee Internship
- The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in researching and developing position papers and well researched policy positions in relation to the devolved function of health, particularly in health financing and health systems
- International best practices and emerging trends and technologies on healthcare delivery;County Funding and capacity building including:
- Coordination of the implementation of the DANIDA support to all 47 county governments;
- Coordinate capacity building of Counties: accounting staff and records officers;
- Development of a framework for facilitating the management of human resource for health; and
- Rapid assessment of County performance.
- Assist in establishing the current Bills before National Assembly, Senate and County Assemblies affecting health services;
- Assist in monitoring the media and generate briefs on matters related to the health function;
- Working closely with the Health Technical Advisor in advising CoG on matters related to health systems and health financing;
- Ensure easy access to Health updates, reports, bills and ensuring that the relevant parties have updated information
- Acts as a liaison between the committee, national government agencies and Counties
- Compiling Committee reports affecting county health care;
- Ensure timely execution of COG programmes and activities
- Organizing, coordinating committee meetings and taking minutes
- Undertaking any other responsibility related to the Health Committee as assigned by the supervisor
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates and testimonials to [email protected] and indicate the name of the position you are applying for as the Email subject.