Administration Assistant Job at The Council of Governors
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position: ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Responsibilities for the Administration Assistant Job
- Reporting to the Head of Administration, the Administration Assistant will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating the review and implementation of administration policies and procedures.
- Managing the COG Office in liaison with the relevant service providers.
- Handling service contracts and ensuring effective discharge of the contracts.
- Ensuring proper management of insurance policies.
- Managing the efficient provision of office space, office equipment/furniture and supplies.
- Developing and implementing the disposal plan for obsolete, unusable stores and equipment.
- Managing the functions of the registry, transport, and secretarial bureau
- Provide support at the reception area through responding to inquiries regarding the Council of Governors.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the CoG technical department and strictly ensures that the necessary administrative work is implemented within established timelines;
- Performs various office works which require good computer knowledge (e.g. typing of standard correspondence, filing, photocopies, updating of lists);
- Support in visa processing for County official and staff on duty travel and follows up on visa issuance.
- Prepare protocol documents.
- Procuring of gift and maintain gift register.
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications for the Administration Assistant Job
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, management, legal or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Possession of advanced computer skills.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with CoG clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation; Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
The contract duration is for three years renewable annually subject to performance and availability of resources.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday 16th June 2017 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.