Procurement Assistant Jobs at the Council of Governors
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position: Procurement Assistant (2 Positions)
Responsibilities for the Procurement Assistant Job
- Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant will be responsible for:
- Arranging for the supply/allocation of office equipment and supplies, materials, and vehicles as required by the Department.
- Preparation of specifications, tenders and schedules; obtaining and negotiating prices; obtaining quotations and placing orders and processing invoices.
- To ensure that goods purchased are to specification in terms of quality, quantity and delivery and to advice on those suppliers who fail to meet specifications.
- To liaise with other Departments in order to maximize the benefits of bulk purchase.
- Receives purchase and check requests from thought the COG Departments, checks for
accuracy and forwards to procurement officer.
- Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders and merchandise.
- Receives Inspects, and Distributes merchandise to appropriate individuals identifies minority firms as possible suppliers.
- Prepares periodic reports related to purchasing, inventory control.
- Conducts annual on-site inventory, prepares inventory listings to include the location and status of all equipment.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of supplies and equipment, conducts cost/ quality comparisons prior to submitting requests to the procurement officer.
- Confers with official from all departments to determine purchasing needs.
- Obtains and updates information on open market and contract purchase prices.
- Coordinates expenditure records with COG’S Accounts payable to assure prompt and accurate payments.
- Procuring of venues for Governors, Deputy Governors and other stakeholders.
- Any other duty as assigned.
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job
- A degree in procurement from a locally recognized university;
- A relevant professional course in procurement
- A member of the Kenya Institute of Management.
- Computer applications.
- A minimum period of three (3) years relevant experience.
- Possession of advanced computer skills.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution.
- Desirable Competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with CoG clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
The contract duration is for three years renewable annually subject to performance and availability of resources.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday 16th June 2017 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.