Procurement Officer Job at The Councilof Governors
The Council of Governors seeks to recruit a Procurement Officer, who will be responsible for coordinating all the procurement work for the SymbioCity Kenya Programme at the Council of
The Procurement Officer will report to the SymbioCity Kenya Project Manager at the Council of Governors and work in close collaboration with the head of procurement at the Council of Governors.
What the position accountable for.
- All procurement for the SymbioCity Kenya Project within the Council of Governors.
- Ensuring the procurement undertaken by the Pilot Counties is in compliance with the public procurement and disposal Act 2015.
- Ensuring that there is value for money in all procurements made for the project.
Responsibilities for the Procurement Officer Job
- Coordinate the development of programme procurement plan
- Manage all activities involved in sourcing Suppliers, procurement, quality assurance andfinancial logistics activities, and leading the SymbioCity programme procurement function,overseeing all aspects of purchasing, negotiations and process implementation for procurement of goods and services
- Identify and develop a sourcing strategy to ensure the programme gets value for money while adhering to budget and procurement guidelines
- Development of service level agreements with Suppliers, contractors and/or service providers and ensure that these are signed off and monitored
- Leading programme procurement function and overseeing all aspects of purchasing, negotiations and process implementation for procurement of goods and services.
- Development of contracts for Quick wins and Change Projects, between Council of Governors and Pilot counties
- Confers with programme team and pilot counties to determine purchasing needs.
- Review of procurement documents from pilot counties before forwarding for approval and payment
- Ensure quality, cost effective and timely documentation of all procurement processes;
- Obtain and updates information on open market and contract purchase prices.
- Monitor, document and report on the progress of every supply order and contract at agreed intervals;
- Support Pilot Counties in procurement, monitoring and payment processes
- Any other duty as assigned.
Qualifications for the Procurement Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or comparable qualification from a university recognized by the Commission for University Education
- A relevant professional course in procurement
- A member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or other relevant body.
- A minimum period of three (3) years relevant experience.
- Possession of advanced computer skills.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution.
- Supply chain management
- Through knowledge of Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act, 2015 and Regulations thereto
- Demonstrate analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed report writing skills
- Conflict management skills
- Contract Duration
The contract duration is for one year renewable subject to performance and availability of resources.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before 30th June 2017 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.