Stores Assistant Job at The Council of Governors
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position: Stores Assistant
Responsibilities for the Stores Assistant Job
- Reporting to the Procurement Officer, Stores Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Receive, check and sign for goods received from suppliers.
- Keep goods received in good conditions awaiting collection by user
- Prepare Stores Receipt Vouchers for payment to suppliers.
- Prepare Returned Stores Record.
- Coordinate Preparation of inspection and approval for technical items and goods/services above the threshold of Ksh 30,000.
- Coordinate the Issuance gate/issue note pass as a means of authorizing items to leave stores premises.
- Inform the user department on the availability of goods awaiting collection.
- Perform any other duty as directed by team leader.
- Keep stores under safe storage – secure from pilferage, contamination and deterioration.
- Ensure goods from suppliers are of the right quality and quantity according to specification.
- Keep records of receipts and issues of goods.
- Co-ordinate transport for delivery of goods to various counties for items received by the Council on their behalf
- Prepare monthly stores accounts that combine all the stores
- Update monthly stock issues records and send details to the team leader.
- Prepare the requisite documents to facilitate payments to suppliers.
- Participate in annual stock-taking.
- Monitor the stock of consumables and advise the team leader for replenishment
- Advise on retire boarded stores according to the Public Procurement Asset Disposal Act 2015 and Regulations.
- Participate in disposal committee meetings
Qualifications for the Stores Assistant Job
- A relevant professional course in procurement
- A member of the Kenya Institute of Management.
- Computer applications.
- A minimum period of three (3) years relevant experience.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with CoG clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
The contract duration is for three years renewable annually subject to performance and availability of resources.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday 16th June 2017 and indicate the
name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.