Trade & Cooperation Program Officer Job at The Council of Governors
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position: PROGRAM OFFICER – TRADE AND COOPERATIVE
Responsibilities for the Trade & Cooperation Program Officer Job
- Reporting to the Director Programs, Program Officer – Trade and Cooperative will perform the following duties:
- Review and monitor policy and legislation on matters relating County Trade; National Investment Policy, Trade Policy and Special Economic Zone Bill.
- To advise the Council on Legislative amendments and intervention areas therein on all sectoral matters such as amendment to the Micro and Small Enterprises Amendment Bill2015.
- To advise County Governments on matters of policy and legislation with respect to
- County functions such as legislation on Trade, Property and agricultural products.
- To coordinate and harmonize the Council’s position on matters of Trade and Investment relations between the two levels of government.
To provide a forum for consultation on matters of Taxation for County Governments to facilitate enabling environment for investment.
- Guiding and supervising the implementation of Government policies, strategies and programs on domestic trade and investment and Cooperatives. Coordinating planning and Administration of trade and investment and Cooperatives functions of the Counties.
- Consult with County Governments on issues related to the Sector
- Coordinate the Intergovernmental Issues related to the sector
- Attend to correspondents relating to the Sector
- Link with Counties to support the regional blocs
- Link with Counties in development of trade development, investment programs and interactive trade fora.
- Assist counties in PPPs when requested to do so
- Assist in project planning and implementation on need basis
- In addition, the Officer will be required to coordinate the preparation of COG work plans,setting of performance targets and budget estimates;
- Any other duty assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Trade & Cooperation Program Officer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Economics/Business Administration, Cooperatives /International Trade or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized University.
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be considered an added advantage
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated professional competence and outstanding capability in Trade Development Services.
- Possession of advanced computer skills.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with CoG clients and stakeholders;
Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; Contract Duration
- The contract duration is for three years renewable annually subject to performance and availability of resources.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM and send the duly completed form, CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday 16th June 2017 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.