County Secretary J.G ‘S’ Jobs at County Government of Nyeri (1 Post)
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the vacant position.
County Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Be the Head of the Public Service
- e responsible for arranging the business and keeping the minutes, of the County Executive Committee subject to the directions of the Executive Committee
Convey the decisions of the County Executive Committee to the appropriate persons or authorities.
Shall arrange the business of the County Executive Committee and keep its minutes
Providing coordination between the Governor’s Office and the Executive Secretaries and coordinate joint activities across the County Departments
Performing any other function as may be directed by the County Executive Committee.
Requirements for the County Secretary Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of a first degree from a Universities recognized in Kenya.
- Have 10 years’ experience in administration and management
- Demonstrate leadership and management capacity including but not limited to knowledge of public financial management and strategic management.
- Be conversant with the constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws.02
- Have ability to work in a multi ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate leadership and Management capacity including knowledge of public financial management and strategic management.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Possession of CPS (K) will be an added advantage.
- Membership to a professional body will be an added advantage.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Gross Pay: Kshs 225,000 x 18,750 p.a – 243,750 x 18,750 p.a – 262,500 x 18,750 p.a -281,250 x 18,750 p.a – 300,000
- Medical Cover: Provided for self, spouse and dependent children up to 21years of age.
- Service Gratuity: 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract.
- Leave: 30 days annual leave with leave allowance.
How to Apply
- Candidates who had applied for the position of Principal Administrative Officer need not re-apply. Applicants are requested to fill the Employment Form which can be downloaded from the County Website: www.nyeri.go.ke
- All Applicants MUST attach certified copies of the following documents
- Academic and Professional Certificates and other testimonials.
- National Identity Card
- Certificate of Good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D).
- A certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (C.R.B).
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B).
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (E.A.CC).
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A).
- The completed application form together with certified copies of the required academic, professional and other certificates should be sent or delivered to:
- THE SECRETARY, NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD, KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
- All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 30th November 2016 via postal service, courier service or hand delivered.