An established and growing international courier and logistics company is looking to hire a resourceful Operation Intern to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in ensuring proper and smooth day to day running of all operations.
Responsibilities for the Operation Internship
- Liaising directly with clients as well as suppliers at the airport on major shipments.
- Learning on the business: processes and procedures that need to be followed.
- Coordinate shipments with carriers. Arrange equipment, loading/unloading scheduling and requirements.
- Ensuring the purchase invoices are correct and passed to appropriate department for processing.
- Liaising with customs officials at the airport, times tower on issues arising.
- Ensuring timely preparations of the IDF’s
- Liaising with customer service on POD confirmations of shipments.
- Maintain and file all records in accordance with company procedure.
- Input of data in the system and updating on the same.
- Conduct online service surveys on existing clients.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and recommend any necessary tactical action.
- Any other duties assigned.
Requirements for the Operation Internship
- Education/Experience – University Degree in Business Administration, Procurement /supply chain, logistics or relevant field. One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Team Work – Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Computer Skills: A must.
Compensation: 15,000 Monthly salary.
How to Apply
Location: The role holder will be based on Mombasa Road, Nairobi. Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 25th May 2017 Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.