Credit Analyst Job at Meru County Microfinance Corporation, Kenya
The Meru County Microfinance Corporation is a County Corporation established under the Meru County Microfinance Corporation Act, 2014 with the mandate of providing microfinance services to Small and Medium enterprises.
Credit Analyst Position Scope
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Credit Analyst will be responsible for undertaking credit appraisals in order to ensure a quality loan book as well as making recommendations to the Management on each credit proposal in accordance with the Corporation’s Credit Policy
Credit Analyst Job Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies;
- Monitoring and analysing the various customer segments with an intent of advising the business on areas of improvement
- Preparing credit reports, managing risk and ensuring compliance with corporation credit policy and procedures;
- Ensuring critical risk monitoring of loan portfolio and highlighting specific action points;
- Reviewing and making recommendations relating to all new facilities;
- Ensuring proper reporting, documentation and review to determine that lending to the respective segments is within acceptable risk.
- Conducting risk profiles of various business sectors to act as guidance in assessments of related credit applications;
- Analyzing the loan book in terms of credit risk exposures to the corporation
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications/Skills/Experience for Credit Analyst Job
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized university;
- CPA K/ACCA
- At least 5 years’ experience in credit function in a financial institution, 2 of which should be in a similar position.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
How to Apply
- If you fulfill the above requirements, please send your application to the undersigned including a cover letter, CV, ID, testimonials, a day time telephone number, email address and three referees not later than 24th June 2016. Hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Corporations Head Office Reception, Ntara Place 1st floor upon signing a delivery at that office.
- Managing Director Meru County Microfinance Corporation, P.O Box 2564-60200, Meru.