Collections Officer Job at Standard Chartered Bank
To manage and control all matters relating to delinquent accounts in any delinquency bucket for (Unsecured Personal Instalment Loans) UPIL by constantly reviewing collection procedures and ensuring early recovery actions are taken to maximise prospects of full recovery and executes the collection strategy. Highlights and analyses credit failures in UPIL as first level of contact with these issues and providing lessons learnt to improve the credit approval process.
Collections Officer Job Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages the day -to-day collections of UPIL to ensure losses are minimised and shillings collected maximised by the effective implementation of collections strategy.
- Reviews processes within collections of UPIL to identify risk and opportunities to streamline operations, improve service and minimise losses.
- Highlights and analyses credit failures to identify ways of improving the credit approval process for UPIL accounts.
- Works with solicitors throughout the litigation process to ensure optimal collection with minimal legal cost to the bank
- Maintains and analyses MIS statistical information relating to performance of the accounts and escalates trends for input to Product
- Development Process.
Legal, regulatory, economic and compliance including the following;
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s standard and regulatory requirements pertaining to money laundering and KYC;
- Participate in and/or support the Bank’s effort to combat money laundering;
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
Qualifications and Skills for Collections Officer Job
- Graduate with 2 year experience in Credit preferably Debt recovery.
- Credit skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Understands market trends and can interpret impact on the Retail clients portfolio
- Full knowledge of Retail client Products and those of the competitors
- Good Computer skills with knowledge of the Credit MIS
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic Project management skills
How to Apply
Click here to apply