Pursuant to the constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act no.17 of 2012,the county Government of Tharaka Nithi invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions.
JG (H) – 10 POSTS
Credit Officer Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Provide special services such as investment banking for clients with more specialized needs.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans.
Minimum Requirements for Credit Officer Job
- Diploma in co-operative development/Diploma in Business Management/Diploma in Business Administration.
- Proven working experience.
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
All Applicants Must
- Meet the conditions of chapter six of the constitution.
- Be cleared by HELB where applicable.
- Have valid Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Have valid Certificate of Good Conduct issued by Kenya Police.
- Have clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward their application, enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact-mail address, names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before WEDNESDAY 3rd August, 2016 by 5.pm.. NB: All applicants MUST fill in the application for employment form – TNC/CPSB/2a available on our website at or obtain hard copies of the same at the County Public Service Board’s office at Kathwana. Online applications should be emailed to[email protected] All application should be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position applied for and should be addressed to: The Secretary County Public Service Board P.O Box 10-60406 Kathwana