Credit Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
A company providing Hygiene solutions is looking to hire a Credit Manager who will be responsible for delivering targeted performance for the Credit Control Department, Take charge and proactively drive the attainment of the Key Performance Indicators of the department, especially DSO and bad debt management
Credit Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and advise management on current level of Risk Management & exposure and champion strategies to minimise the credit risk
- Ensure that the company adheres to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters so as to maintain good customer relations.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of receivables and collections including, but not limited to, cash collections, forecasting and DSO calculations.
- Be responsible for Team motivation, performance review and provide leadership to the Credit Control Department
- Effectively manage account/invoice disputes, both internally and externally and ensure that disputes are resolved without undue delay
- Drive collection & strategy planning of debt control, particularly mitigate spill over of debt past the 90-day category
- Ensure the appropriate accounting and allocation of receipts and provide the underlying detail for bad debts and revenue reserves.
- Enforces the company’s credit policy and ensure that the set standards are strictly adhered to
- Proactively drive improvements in business processes and procedures, e.g. invoicing, follow up, and query/dispute management
- Manage the credit assessment process; ensuring that customers have appropriate credit limits and that these are reviewed constantly
- Spearhead escalations and ensure prompt stop service on inactive accounts
- Work proactively with Billing, Customer Services, Sales, Legal and major clients to solve issues, manage collections and customer escalations.
- Actively manage and attain reduction of company bad debt provision as per KPIs
- Improve company cash cycle and enhance cash conversion as per KPIs
Skills and Qualifications for Credit Manager Job
- Minimum degree in a business field acquired from a reputable university.
- Professional diploma course in Credit Management (Certified Credit Professional K is preferred) CPA K will also be considered
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection, and business risk management Preferably gained from the service industry
- Good customer and negotiation skills
- Effective hands-on manager able to lead a team of not less than 10 members of staff
- Result oriented, energetic go getter ready to face new challenges
- Ability to travel to the branch network and to meet out of town key customers occasionally.
- Ability to lead physical visitation of defaulting customers and ultimate conversion
- A good business understanding of the country.
- Good communication skills, superior computer skills and driving experience of over 5 years.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Credit Manager) to [email protected] before Tuesday 9th August 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.