Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
To achieve this mandate, the company provides Industrial Parks, medium to long term financing, and business advisory/ training services.
The company plans to fill the following positions with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate:
Job Title: Credit Officer
Reports to: Branch Manager
Job Purpose:- The position is responsible for fast tracking all lending activities and ensure Government of Kenya loan disbursement targets are met within stipulated timelines and the customers’ needs and demands are met to their satisfaction i.e.( MSMEs)
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Prepare feasibility studies and business plans for clients in line with the company’s lending policy and support growth of a quality loan portfolio in liaison with their supervisors;
- Appraise clients and vet loan applications for disbursement purposes;
- Assist clients on projects implementation appraise investment proposals
- Undertake debt collection of all the disbursed loans, receipting and banking of payments in adherence to the company’s set policies;
- Collect industrial raw data and update projects database on disbursements, appraisals and all in the loans in the pipeline;
- Participate in preparation of station returns and arrange insurance covers for KIE-funded projects;
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of All the invest projects generated;
- Participate and Carry out business development services (BDS) or training programmes for clients / advisory to all clients;
- Ensure effective Marketing of all KIE products and services county wide.
- Prepare an annual plan for KIE using the statistics collected from project appraisals;
- Any other duties that you may be called upon by your supervisor from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- A bachelor’s degree in Business related fields from a recognized Institution;
- A good oriented individual preferably in the banking Industry on credit lending;
- Work experience equivalent for a minimum of 3 years;
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in his/her work performance and results
How to Apply
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and addressed to the undersigned.
Applicants Must also indicate their current and expected salaries.
The applications should be received not later than 11th November 2016. HR & Administration Manager, Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd, P.O. Box 78029-00507,
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.