Security Officer Job at International Federation of Red Cross
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Duties for the Security Officer Job
- Monitor and analyse the security and threat environment.
- Report on relevant incidents, as well as changes and trends in the security threat environment.
- Advice delegations or field personnel regarding security risk mitigation.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on MSR implementation.
- Keep track of MSR compliance status across Africa region
- Review and update security and contingency management documentation.
- Respond to security or safety emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
- Assist in managing threats and risks.
- Carry out security risk assessments.
- Develop physical and procedural mitigation measures.
- Draft security and contingency plans.
- Assist in staff training and emergency preparedness.
- Conduct security briefings.
- Support in security and safety trainings as well as emergency drills.
- Maintain good working relation with e.g. host government, national societies, ICRC, United Nations, INGOs, and others.
- Carry out other tasks given by Regional Security Coordinator or IFRC Security Unit.
Security Officer Job Requirements
- A university degree in a relevant field
- Professional training in security management
- 3 years working experience in a similarly wide-ranging role;
- Familiarity with Movement and International Federation policies and guidelines (preferred)
- Past field experience in humanitarian security work, preferably in the Region and with the RC/RC
- Good understanding of physical and procedural security measures
- Excellent understanding of IFRCs Minimum Security Requirements
- Ability to travel to field environments
- Ability to work outside normal working hours, e.g. weekends or night hours
- Valid driving license
- Valid first aid and fire safety certification
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- God written and verbal communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work toward tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Dependable interpersonal skills and good conduct
- Sound understanding of the African context and challenges
How to Apply
Apply here for the Security Officer Job