Security Manager Job Responsibilities
- Collecting & analyzing security information from a range of local & international sources, & representing Action Against Hunger at security related meetings.
- Conducting risk & threat assessments whenever the context changes.
- Working closely with the Field Coordinators & Emergency Coordinators to define & evaluate the security rules & procedures for their projects & bases.
- Developing contingency plans to minimize each risk identified for the mission.
- Evaluating available security information about new locations where the Emergency Teams may like to conduct assessments &/or launch operations
- Conducting safety & security briefings for all visitors & new staff when they arrive on mission. Ensuring that copies of all security rules & procedures are kept updated & disseminated to all staff.
Qualifications for the Security Manager Job
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, security management, humanitarian action, international relations or a related field.
- You have formal security qualification or appropriate security management training in humanitarian aid organizations.
- You are familiar with field-based communications systems like HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite & internet systems.
- You have practical field experience in security management preferably in South Sudan or the region.
- You have security experience in insecure/hostile environments, preferably in an INGO capacity
- You’re a very capable communicator
- You enjoy working with strong, committed teams, including colleagues who do not speak your language fluently and have experience working with a within a multi‐cultural, multi ethnic team.
- You are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
- You have strong communication skills and report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Your work style builds trust & calm within the team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
- You are able to handle highly stressful situations with composure & are able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to build relationships with external actors.
How to Apply
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
How to Apply Click HERE to apply for the position. Be sure to fill in the Education history and Experience fields provided in the form. Applications submitted without this information will be automatically disqualified.