Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
CRS Kenya in partnership with the Catholic Diocese of Malindi (DOM) constructed a rescue home in Malindi where boys and girls, under 18 years of age who are exposed to sexual exploitation, may go to find a safe recovery environment dedicated to support their psychological, health, social, and learning needs before being safely re-integrated back into the community under the direction and guidance of the Government of Kenya’s Children’s Department.
Position: Project Manager – Pope Francis Rescue Home
Job Purpose: The Project Manager will provide oversight, programming support, and technical assistance for quality implementation to the newly-established Pope Francis Rescue Home (PFRH) in Malindi.
S/he will also oversee and support the linkage between CRS’ Dialogue and Action Project (DAP) and PFRH, especially in relation to community sensitization, abuse-prevention, and aftercare for children who have left PFRH for family reintegration.
Additional areas of responsibilities relate to grant management, stakeholder relations, and technical support on psychosocial issues, project finances, partner capacity strengthening, and support to the project’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) activities, particularly for operations research and documentation of lessons learned.
Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Provide programming support and technical assistance for quality- implementation to the PFRH project, especially where gaps, conflicts or other problems emerge.
Special attention is anticipated with regard to:
- Psychosocial trauma healing and emotional support to children in the home and for after-care.
- Access and uptake by PFRH children of other support, as available and needed e.g. physical health, legal, educational, etc.
- Rates of admission and graduation (exit back to the community), e.g. in three months or less.
- Collaboration with project staff and other stakeholders with regard to any divergences from the original proposal or Mission and Policy Document that emerge in practice, and that require changes either in the practice itself and/or in project’s written guidance.
- Promotion of child rights and safety, both within the Home and upon return to the community.
- Maintaining and strengthening the relationship between the child and their family/community of origin.
- Prosecution of the perpetrator, involving the Police and Court system.
Selection Criteria: Applicants must provide a statement of claims addressing the selection criteria below, which should detail suitability to perform the duties of the position including personal qualities, experience, skills, and knowledge relative to the selection criteria: sound knowledge of psychosocial wellbeing and child protection, gender-responsive programming, and public systems and service improvement in coastal Kenya.
- A university degree in Social Work, health or other relevant area of study.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management, especially projects related to children and protection issues.
- Experience adapting curricula and training others on an as-needed basis.
- Understanding of GoK working structures including county government
- Knowledge of GOK strategies and policies on child protection.
- Experience with program monitoring including development of indicators, data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Ability to cultivate constructive relationships and serve with integrity
How to Apply
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Monday August 24, 2015; Human Resources Manager Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program E-mail: [email protected] Please indicate the Reference Number (Ref: 2014/22) on the ‘email subject. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment.