Executive Assistant Jobs at Andela
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups.
Andela was founded on a simple truth – that talent is evenly distributed but opportunity is not. We believe Andela can close global labor gaps and bring opportunity to extraordinary talent starting in Africa. We know that a top-notch Executive Assistant will be crucial to maximizing our productivity in a fast paced startup environment.
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating the flow of information to the Country Director’s desk as required for policy and operational decisions.
- Owning and managing administrative tasks of the Country Director.
- Managing an extremely busy and active calendar or appointments.
- Composing and preparing confidential correspondence for the Country Director.
- Screening phone and video calls and visitors on behalf of the Country Director.
- Arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics.
- Anticipating the Country Director’s needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the Country Director’s agenda.
- Completing critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Enhance Country Director’s and company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Representing the Country Director by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts
- Relieving the Country Director of day-to-day administrative duties
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- Has a degree from an Accredited College or University
- Has experience at a start-up or other high-growth/fast-paced organizations
- Has excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills
- Is a polished professional having significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a senior executive/senior management
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Is able to identify management and operational problems, investigate and evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions.
- Can interpret, explain and apply complex policies, regulations, and procedures
- Can represent the Country Director in meetings with others and make effective public presentations.
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Has strong logistical management skills
- Has a strong proficiency with Google Apps: Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
How to Apply