Custodian/ Janitor Job at South Eastern Kenya University
Grade 3/4 (1 Position)
Duties for the Custodian/ Janitor Job
- Perform regular checks on security around hostels and within the hostels to ensure safety is guaranteed to the students;
- Ensure cleanliness in the hostels by supervising casuals for purposes of having the hostels clean and safe for students’ accommodation;
- Inspect the hostel rooms, entire building and equipment on a daily basis to ensure operating standards in the hostels are as per the requirements;
- Report matters of repair and maintenance to relevant authority after inspection of the rooms to ensure the hostels are in good working conditions;
- Ensure room allocation to students is undertaken to provide accommodation to the students every semester in line with the University policies.
Custodian/ Janitor Job Requirements
- Certificate in House keeping.
- KCSE level of Education with at least Grade D+ or equivalent with three (3) years experience in Halls of
- Residence or related institutional setup.
How to Apply
Applications in ten (10) copies should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200
So as to be received on or before Friday 30th June 2017.
South Eastern Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted