Customer Service and Operations Consolidator – Shipping Industry
We are in the process of setting up a new department for handling consolidation shipments from our main office in the UK; in this respect we are currently looking for someone who would be able to perform the following roles in our organization
1. Customer Service
Advising customer on estimated time of arrivals as well as cargo status
Advising customers on charges
Receiving documents from customers and ensuring they are in order
Scanning of documents where need be
Storing documents in our internal system
Issuing delivery orders, invoices and receipts
Other duties as advised
Monitoring of line manifest numbers
Monitoring of shipping line invoices and payments
Container deposit requirement arrangement where applicable
Ensuring tallies are prepared
Documentation stored in our internal system for all of above
Assisting in container stripping
Ensuring photos are taken
Ensuring no container damage
3. Other duties as advisedThe role involves field work and you may sometimes be required to assist our forwarding department.
- Experience of at least 3 years in the clearing industry
- Diploma in clearing and forwarding/freight services – if no diploma available, experience of at least 5 years would be required.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- The job is based in Mombasa.
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with your CV’s.