Customer Service Representative Job at Tetra Pak
Tetra Pak® is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people.
The Tetra Pak® Group is looking for an experienced Customer Service Representative based in Nairobi, Kenya. The role will be supporting the local supply chain team.
- To co-ordinate all customer-related activities within the demand management process of order fulfilment. Also to monitor performance of critical integration points with other processes; from design handling and demand acquisition, to the delivery of packaging and additional materials to both Tetra Pak EA and export customers.
- A high level of rigour and accuracy is required for data analysis.
Customer Service Rep Job Key Result Areas
- To be the primary point of contact and information for the customer or market company relating to routine order placement, sales forecasting, design status, deliveries, invoicing and claims handling
- To contribute to the successful delivery of the Order Fulfilment Packaging Material (OFPM) balanced scorecard
- To represent OFPM within the Key Account teams
- To be responsible for the provision of standard pre-defined reports of performance measures
- To be responsible for the completeness and quality of relevant master data inputs
- To manage and co-ordinate the design process for new and modified designs
- To maintain key records within Tetra Pak’s computer based business reporting systems
- To control the order fulfilment process by managing customer requirements, and making recommendations on co-printing and cost savings, while ensuring optimised customer delivery of material OTIF ( On Time In Full )
- To check customer requirements placed via the online portal to ensure smooth process flow
- Managing forecasting modelling tools and programs
- Facilitating sustainable volume growth and EDI utilization
- To co-ordinate and resolve all sales and operational issues for the supply of packaging materials & additional materials.
- To coordinate delivery requirements through Shipping Supply Administration
- To manage customer stocks in accordance with commercial policy and/or Service Level Agreement in addition to other business objectives
- To co-ordinate packaging materials & additional materials claims with relevant personnel, and ensure effective communication of status and actions.
- To liaise with the Claims Coordinator in the organisation of the recall, return and replacement of claimed materials as appropriate
- To ensure compliance with all appropriate laws, policies and procedures
- To participate in WCM activities and projects
- To act and perform in the best interests of Tetra Pak and its customers
- To participate in appropriate training and development
- To be aware of and adhere to Tetra Pak Core Values
Qualifications for Customer Service Rep Job
- B Com Degree or Equivalent
- Relevant qualification in Sales or Marketing
- At least 2 years experience within a sales, marketing or customer services environment
- Drivers’ licence
- Must be fluent in English
Skills & Knowledge
- Requires prior knowledge of sales or commercial relationships
- Requires the ability to quickly gain a full understanding of customer operational needs
- Requires strong business communication skills at all levels and disciplines; both written and oral
- Requires a high degree of accuracy in collating, checking and analysing data and information
- Requires proficiency in MS office skills, with a working knowledge of relevant business systems (e.g. SAP R3)
Behavioural & Attitude
- Able to maintain an eye for detail in a pressurised working environment whilst maintaining consistency and courtesy
- Able to manage multiple tasks while demonstrating time management/prioritisation skills
- Able to understand and work within defined processes
- Able to effectively negotiate solutions to sales and operational planning issues
- Able to work in a matrix organisation aligned to account teams and specialist functions
- Able to demonstrate a flexible working attitude
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
How to Apply
Apply for customer service rep job here