Customer Service Team Leader Job in Kampala
Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Our Sun King solar- powered lights and phone chargers are used in more than 5 million homes in South Asia, East Africa and West Africa today. Our mission is to replace the dirty and dangerous kerosene lanterns used by under-electrified consumers across the globe
Our products have earned huge recognition, including a ranking as “the best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and ‘best-in-category’ prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
The Company has also won numerous awards including the recent 2016 Ashden International Award – the world’s most prestigious green award for excellence in sustainable energy. The award acknowledges the major strides Greenlight Planet has made to increase energy access through micro-financing in disadvantaged communities.
Today, with over 250 full-time Greenlighters in 8 countries, we are amazed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to this global challenge, from new product designs, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers.
Position: Customer Service Team Leader
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to: Operations Manager
The Customer Service Team Leader will work closely with the Operations and Sales teams to serve existing and potential customers by providing product and service information while resolving product issues effectively. He/She will be overviewing and organizing the work of the Customer Service Executives according to operational standards and requirements.
Key responsibilites for the role
- Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Receive customer queries and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner
- Gather and document information about the customer and the product.
- Issues weekly reports on CC performance
- Reports on edge cases technical issues or difficult client
- Makes receive calls and takes over edge cases with complex resolution
- Responsible and accountable for approval of payment related activities (reversals, manual payments, refunds)
- Acts as point of contact for the Call Centre communications with Greenlight Planet staff
- Be in charge of running and managing the call center daily
- Set targets for all other call center agents to meet up with
- Schedule and organize shift patterns for other team members to ensure that customers are never left unattended to
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and reporting on a regular
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Understand all organization’s products, services, procedures and guidelines and communicate same to all team members
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
The ideal Customer Service Team Leader has:
- Diploma/Certificate in Supply Chain Management; Business Administration; Sales and Marketing; or Customer Service Management
- 2/3 years’ relevant work experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English
- Clear thinking/problem solving abilityexcellent leadership skills and abilities
- Ability to devise effective motivational techniques to improve the performance of their team mates
- Strong mentorship skills and able to tutor team members
- Ability to set goals for team members
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time without errors and mistakes.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law.