DAMCO Logistics Kenya Ltd is looking for a Business Controller for the Customer Service Office (CSO) to support the CSO Manager in establishing, and monitoring the processes and controls and improving controls in the CSOs related to both operations and operation finance. As a Business Controller, you will report to the Head of the Customer Service Office but also working very closely with Finance. As an employee with DAMCO you will be part of diverse team of country/Area and GSC and CSO. We strongly encourage continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
A visible role where you will ensure that the integrity and conformity of the operations finance processes within the CSO adheres to Global Processes and other APMM guidelines including Control Manual and CSO minimum controls. In return, you will gain valuable experience in long-term strategy planning and execution, change management, leadership, negotiation and cost management; and play a pivotal role in setting the future direction of Damco.
Customer Service Office Business Controller Job Responsibilities
- Review MODS/Kewill and other operational systems transferred to FACT or any other accounting systems ensuring that differences gets resolved and ensure that operational transactions are accurately, adequately and completely recorded in the required timeframes
- Control over quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of Revenue by monitoring timeliness and accuracy of estimates, timeliness of customer invoicing, ensure and control approvals of credit notes in line with authority matrix and ensure timely and accurate invoicing in operational files
- Control over quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of Costs by monitoring timeliness of creating POs, , review of open POs
- Prepare and review weekly and monthly CM1 reports as required by different stakeholders to ensure that CM1 reported is accurate, complete and includes resolution of aged accruals to ensure that manual accruals are avoided.
- Review profitability of jobs on a weekly basis with a particular emphasis on ensuring all loss making jobs are signed-off by the appropriate and that each and every job shows the most accurate CM1 according to the knowledge at that moment
- Ensure that all jobs are soft-closed and hard closed on time as determined by Global guidelines and deviations from planned CM1 and actual CM1 are reported, monitored and controlled
- Act as business partner to resolve SOD conflicts (if any), revenue leakages, contingencies that could result in a loss
- Assist the CSO and Finance Manager at any time and particularly, including during Audits, and other reviews and ensure that necessary documentary evidence, records are provided as required in Damco Control Manuals
- Strong business partner in implementation of new big clients from job costing, invoicing and finops process design perspective
- Ensure controls are in place in the warehouse including but not limited to:
- Inventory count (bonded and non-bonded) and reconciliation on bonded warehouse own customs systems vs what is in customs registration with Authorities
- Review of blue color staff cost versus volume (e.g. number of orders)
- Drive Control Manual
Qualifications for the Customer Service Office Business Controller Job
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Operations or related disciplines is a must.
- 3 plus years’ experience in Freight Forwarding Industry with financial operations knowledge
- 2 years’ experience in Finance/Control
- Hands on experience in OCE and/or Air forwarding business and/or SCM business in operations will be a value add and preferred
- Good working knowledge of MODS & Kewill Operating systems
- Knowledge of SAP R3 / FACT will be value add and will be preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and advance knowledge
How to Apply
Apply be clicking on this link. Last application date: 12 December 2016. Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.