Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator Jobs at Armada Human Capital
Job Code: CSLC/PRK/161108
Reports To: Customer Services and Supply Chain Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is an alcohol distributor looking to hire a Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator.
Manage and direct customer service and logistics to delight meet and where possible, exceed the sales, distribution support and service expectations of export customers within the wider East Africa Region.
Participate in the planning, development, and execution of strategies to drive best practices adoption and sustainable value creation in order management; forecasting and logistics service provision management.
Customer Service/Logistics Job Primary Responsibilities
1. Customer Service and Logistics
Manage Export Orders
- Orders are received and accurately processed on the system according to instructions and available stock
- Orders are followed up with brand owners and affiliates for timely dispatch.
- Shipments arranged according to agreed Incoterm.
- VAP’s shipments by country monitored according to projections with Sales and Marketing teams
- Freight is controlled and monitored
- Required export documentation issued or obtained from brand owners or Affiliate companies.
- Order lead times followed up to mitigate any issues that may come up promptly.
- Advise on Incoterms and other compliance issues that are country specific e.g. pre-inspection.
- Invoices issued correctly
- Debtor invoices received and controlled to align with accounts receivable data that supports effective mechanism of payment collection by Finance department.
- Making our “Customer’s agenda, our agenda” while ensuring compliance to our standards
- Continuously reviewing customer activity, analyze data, and identify trends taking corrective action and modifying procedures where necessary
- Effective recognition of customer specific opportunities that enhance our Supply Chain performance (e.g. order cycle optimization, improved case fill rate, on time delivery and Logistics Trade Terms compliance)
- Ensure proper coordination of stock held at any appointed 3rd party logistics service provider as per forecast, replenishment and dispatch instructions.
- Track and monitor Claims, Returns and Refusals
Forecasting and Stock Availability
- Optimum planning and satisfaction of customer’s demand or replenishment needs in the most cost effective way and required speed
- Delivering effective business solutions on time and error-free, monitoring the effectiveness of solution design
- Ensure a monthly rolling forecast for each customer and develop a collaborative approach with sales, marketing in order to achieve an accurate projection. Use of appropriate forecasting tools is essential
- Ensure proper coordination of product availability in any contracted logistics provider warehouses in line with forecast projections as well as stock cover policy to avoid out of stock.
- Monitor and keep a timely record of lead times from brand owners and other affiliates to consolidation warehouse or customer directly in order to avoid any compromise of order dispatches as per customer needs and expectations.
2. Stakeholder Relations
Develop a Collaborative Relationship with Sales and Marketing
- Sales kept informed of pending orders
- Customer relationships managed effectively
- POS orders managed effectively
Sustained Relationship with Logistics Providers
- Quotes obtained and service levels reviewed periodically with the aim of continuous performance improvement.
Develop and Manage Relationship with Other Agencies
- On statutory compliance issues with government departments
- On quality certification with accredited agencies e.g. SGS, Bureau Veritas
- On Custom related issues with port authorities.
- Order status report and update
- Lead times update.
- Orders capture accuracy, Prompt pro forma issuance as per SLA, and Accurate + prompt Invoicing.
- Case 4fill rate report.
- Structured reviews and updates. Current and future opportunities, challenges and resolutions
- 100% compliance as per country General shipping Instructions (GSI)
Customer Service/Logistics Job Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- University graduate in either supply chain, business management with minimum 3 year experience in a supply chain role or university graduate in any other field with 4 years minimum experience in a supply chain role.
- Experience in import and export order processing and supply chain within cross borders is an added advantage.
- French speaking is also an added advantage
Functional and Technical Competencies
- Demand and Supply Planning (Forecasting)
- ERP and IT processing
- Import/ Export Procedure
- Excellent Communication skills
- Customer Service
- Warehousing and distribution
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong business perspective understanding
- Passion for working with customers, internally and externally
- Shows a strong desire to develop trust and long term relationships
- Strive for service improvements and be proactive and responsive to customer demands
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Impact/Convince and must work cross functionally and externally to get commitment to ideas, actions and deliver results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by visiting: http://app.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspxc=qSh9VfwX&s=_kenyanjobs.blogspot&nl=1&page=Jobs