Salary: 35K – 40K
A global moving, relocation and shipping company is looking to hire a Customs Clearance & Documentation Clerk to be based in the office in Nairobi.
The Clearance and Documentation Clerk will be responsible for effectively handling customs clearance documentation process and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely delivery of shipments as per agreed KPIs.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and identify the customs documentation requirements
- Review and process the different type of customs forms required for re-export and stamping procedures.
- Ensure that all documents called for by authorities are submitted promptly to ensure speedy clearance of goods and orders are correctly recorded in the customs and company’s systems
- Ensure that all cleared goods are also cleared from the company’s system as well as Kenya’s Simba System and the same are properly recorded for future reference.
- Verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for delivery against documents
- Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. Arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds. The incumbent will also be required to prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- Review and match issue documents to material to ensure correct item is being delivered to the customer.
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- Handle good working relationship with customs authorities and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Clearance Supervisor on all cleared cargo and status of outstanding goods for clearance.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years relevant work Experience.
- Must hold a diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related course.
- Certificate in Computer studies or relevant with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures and Simba System
- Knowledge of documentation requirements
- Must have the ability to able to clear both Sea & Air shipments at the port as well as borders.
- An overall professional and positive attitude
- Punctuality is must and flexible working hours
- Good interpersonal relations, communication skills and possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports as well as knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya as well as East and Central African countries.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only with the subject (Customs Clearance & Documentation Clerk) to [email protected] before Wednesday 13th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Please use the subject given to ensure you are considered for the position. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted