Job Title: Customs Clearance Supervisor
Salary: 50K – 70K
A global moving, relocation and shipping company is looking to hire a Customs Clearance Supervisor for their offices in Nairobi.
He/She will provide leadership and guidance to clearance clerks and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure clients cargo is cleared in a timely fashion and proper documentation is made.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with all stakeholders in planning strategies so as to clear and release the Client’s shipment on time.
- Assist in prioritizing shipment which requires immediate clearance with customs and prepare report on shipment released and pending shipment to be cleared on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Customs and other relevant authorities for any issues that will arise during clearance of cargo.
- Process customs clearance documentation for the clients and liaise with relevant authorities on a daily basis so as to deliver excellent customer service to all customers.
- Work on assigned key account customers to ensure their needs are met in a timely manner.
- Continually develop knowledge on customs qualifications, ensuring new regulations are understood and implemented where required.
- Handle technical details relating international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
- To efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy.
- Responsible for administrative functions such as budgeting, equipment and liaison to Customer Service.
- Ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements in a timely and high quality.
- Develop procedures and key performance indicators to monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness of procedures implemented.
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery and shipping accuracy performance for customer shipments.
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process customer orders using both systems and physical improvements.
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to Export /Import Administration Regulations.
- Relevant qualifications and systems training associated with Logistics Management,
- A diploma in Customer Service is an added advantage.
- 5-years experience in Logistics ( local and International) 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity
- Must be computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures and Simba System
- Knowledge of documentation requirements
- Must have the ability to clear both Sea & Air shipments
- An overall professional and positive attitude
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only with the subject (Customs Clearance Supervisor) to [email protected] before Wednesday 13th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Please use the subject given to ensure you are considered for the position. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted