Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Cytonn Technologies is inviting applications from talented computer science (and related) graduates for its unique internship program. As a fresh computer science graduate, joining the workforce can be daunting, due to the gap between what you have learnt and what industry needs. At Cytonn Technologies, we are bridging this gap by providing you an opportunity to develop your career from the ground up and turn your newly learnt computer science knowledge into a tool that is sought after by industry. Your productivity is driven by your passion and excellent knowledge of your subject. You bring your passion and aptitude, we sharpen your skills and show you how to learn and lead.
The 12-week internship program is an intensive deep dive into the real world of application development and technology management for the real world. To succeed, you need to be sharp, talented, detail oriented and tenacious.
This internship is unique because it gives you the opportunity to learn in a real business environment in the context of investment banking and meaningful travel in a company led by young, dynamic and creative executives with worldwide exposure. Training is run by a US experienced instructor and linked with various online learning resources and professionals. Interns develop applications that solve real world business problems. In addition to technical skills interns learn essential communication and entrepreneurial skills needed to succeed in industry and learn to work in a high efficiency productive environment that guarantees ability to fit in multiple work cultures. At the end of the internship, successful interns, who exhibit a high aptitude, creativity and teamwork will be eligible for full time employment. Those who do not get hired stand a very high chance of getting absorbed into the job market. Past graduates of this training have moved on to gainful employment. This training will define your future.
- Fast Internet
- 15″ MacBook with Retina
- Online resources
- Mentorship and challenge
- Basic stipend
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages.
- Computer Science (or related) degree with a minimum of upper second-class honors. Candidates must have completed their degrees no more than one year ago. Candidates expecting to complete their degree work in the next few months are eligible as long as they will be available for the training
- Solid foundational skills of computing and algorithm
- Basic foundational knowledge of web and Internet infrastructure, databases, networking and programming.
- Appreciation of web interfaces
- Team work
- Ability to learn fast and search for knowledge
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Ability to work long hours to complete requirements
- A passion for computing and software and engaging learning experiences, as well as desire to make a difference in a highly productive environment.