Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to individual high net-worth investors, global and institutional investors and Kenyans in the diaspora interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in the Finance Department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a strong equity incentive structure.
The key pillars of Finance at Cytonn are Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cashflow Management, General Ledger Management, Management Accounts and Audit. The Associate will be well versed in the key pillars, and lead the Analyst Team to ensure their designated finance areas are supporting all business needs, in both investments and real estate.
- Documenting the accounting process to develop an accounting manual that shall guide the entities in their day-to-day activities.
- Managing the Accounts Payable function to ensure timely and accurate ledger cards as well as promptly settlement of the suppliers’ payments in line with the company policy.
- Managing the Accounts Receivable function to ensure accurate and timely billing as well as collections.
- Continuous vouching of the entities Trial Balance to correct possible errors and to verify the General Ledger accounts balances at all time.
- To maintain fixed assets registers and ensure that companies assets are not misused and that their existence is verifiable at all times.
- Champion the computation of sales recognition for our Real Estate projects to and calculate accordingly the amount chargeable as Investment Properties and capital work in progress as per the requirements of the IFRS.
- Closely liaise with the Real Estate team to follow up on the progress of the projects in order to advise the management on the accounting treatment of the respective transactions on real time basis.
- In liaison with the Head of Department, come up with corporate budget to guide the entities into a controlled spending culture.
- Oversee weekly preparation of cash flow projections to help the company manage well its cash flows while meeting its obligations with other stakeholders.
- Preparation of accurate and timely consolidated monthly management accounts and presenting them to the business committees in the prescribed manner.
- Periodically liaising with the external auditors to ensure professional opinion on complex accounting matters is solicited and adjusting our operations accordingly. Also ensuring interim and final audit are completed on timely basis to have audited accounts concluded as per the company’s policy.
- Ensure the entities under management are compliant with all taxation and other regulatory requirements. These includes PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, VAT and WHT.
- Ensure all documentation are filed correctly.
- Continuously identify areas of policy and operational improvement in area of operation.
- Train and assist others within a team environment.
- Assist in other assigned tasks.
- CPAK / ACCA.
- Business related degree with upper second class honours.
- At least five years’ experience in similar position.