Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate. To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individuals with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join as Finance Interns.
At Cytonn, recruiting is a decisive competitive advantage because our future success depends on recruiting and training the most capable graduates. We run a training program dubbed Cytonn Young Leaders Program (CYLP).
CYLP is a rigorous 12-week training programme which aims to equip individuals with practical and competitive skills in our areas of operation. We expose program participants to challenging and fulfilling career options with an emphasis on leadership and problem solving.
- Professional qualification in accounting field or actively pursuing qualification
- Strong IT skills in all Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge on QuickBooks Accounting package is an added advantage
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion
- Young, vibrant and a good team player
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients and consultants
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Maintain and disburse petty cash
- Keep accurate records of transactions and relevant documentation
- Enter information into the financial accounting system of the company
- Assist in Preparing and maintaining all the books of accounts among them the profit and Loss account, the balance sheet, cash flow statement for Cytonn and its affiliates.
- Ensure compliance with taxation and any other financial legal requirements
- Maintenance of the cash book and preparation of bank reconciliations
- Timely release of accurate data.
- Timely sending of business confirmations to clients
- Prepare monthly client statements
- A bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, with a second upper and must have had a B+ and above in high school
September 20, 2016