Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate. To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in the Legal Department. The position will afford the individual a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and a clear path to a fulfilling career in Legal and general Business Administration.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
- To provide paralegal support to the Legal team.
- Liaise with external parties that interface with the department and periodically receiving and tracking information and correspondence from external parties and ensuring timely responses from the department.
- Liaise with the Legal team to ensure proper budgeting and spending for the department during the financial year.
- To be responsible for maintaining physical storage and management of hardcopy legal documentation, contracts, statutory books and records.
- Liaise with other members of the Legal team and other departments to ensure comprehensive and up to date records, systematically filed and maintained.
- Ensure safe-keeping of original contracts, statutory books and land title deeds relating to group companies.
- Process routine regulatory filings in relation to group entities, and assist in compiling information for annual reports and accounts.
- Liaise with the Clerks in relation to matters being handled at various Registries.
- Ensure firm wide compliance on all laws and regulations, corporate policies and procedures
- Ensure information relevant to the business administration process is available and shared efficiently and effectively within the company
- Must have achieved at least a Minimum B Grade in high school;
- A Bachelors Undergraduate Degree, though a bias shall be applied for Law and Business Administration Diploma Holders;