Cytonn Real Estate is a development firm that seeks to develop institutional grade real estate having a team with extensive and deep experience in real estate development and finanace. At cytonn Real estate we work to deliver quality and aspirational real estate developments that encourage great community living.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join the team in the Finance department. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the management of books of accounts and their reconciliations to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of recording of all financial data.
- Oversee the companies’ ledgers, that is, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable & General Ledger to ensure financial transactions are recorded, processed and analyzed in line with the laid down policies.
- Oversee maintenance of fixed asset registers to ensure assets are safeguarded at all times.
- Work closely with the project management teams to produce accurate project models and or budgets and ensure they’re followed throughout the project life.
- Preparation of accurate and timely consolidated monthly management accounts and presenting them to the business teams in the prescribed manner.
- Oversee weekly preparation of cash flow projections for all entities in order to optimally manage cash flows while meeting obligations for our stakeholders.
- Oversee accurate computation of revenue recognition for our Real Estate projects as well as amounts charged to investment properties and work in progress in line with the requirements of IFRS
- Closely liaise with the Real Estate team to follow up on the progress of the projects in order to advise the management on the accounting treatment of the respective transactions on real time basis.
- In liaison with other Head of Department, come up with entities budgets, ensure implementation of the budgets and analyze variances in order to control costs.
- Establish and maintain internal control systems and ensure that accounting standards are met and adhered to consistently
- Ensure the entities under management are compliant with all taxation and other regulatory requirements.
- These includes PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, VAT and WHT.
- Coordinate and oversee the internal and external audit of the accounting records and financial statements and implementing all recommendations on timely basis.
- Periodically liaising with the external auditors to ensure professional opinion on complex accounting matters is sought for and adjusting our operations accordingly. Also ensuring interim and final audit are completed on timely basis to have audited accounts concluded as per the company’s policy.
- Manage relationship with banks, auditors, clients, business partners and other stakeholders.
- Train and assist others within a team environment.
- Ensure all documentations are filed correctly and on time.
- Provide strategic advice related to finance, accounting and operations matters to the executive team
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Finance Manager Job
- CPAK / ACCA qualification or equivalent.
- Business related degree with upper second class honors.
- Mean grade of B+ in secondary education.
- At least five years of work experience in a finance related role, with previous senior management experience.
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal directions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients, administrators and custodians.
How to Apply