Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 74 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
Directly reporting to the Internal Audit Manager the Internal Audit Associate will be responsible for conducting audits and reviews in accordance with accepted professional auditing standards.
Internal Audit Associate Job Responsibilities
- Serves as the group’s Internal Audit Associate, performing professional internal audit work as a key component of the corporate governance structure;
- Help in preparation of the annual Group Audit Plan;
- Perform independent, objective assurance and consulting engagements designed to add value and improve Cytonn’s operations as per the approved audit plan, from pre-planning to finalization;
- Developing audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal controls, adherence to Group policies and standards and regulatory requirements;
- Providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Cytonn’s operations;
- Promoting dialogue and input from audit clients with respect to audit objectives, scope and methodology;
- Liaising with management to facilitate implementation of audit recommendations;
- Developing, disseminating and implementing auditing processes and procedures for the Group;
- Assist in the preparation of summary reports to the Board Audit and Compliance Committee;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Manager and management from time to time.
Requirements for the Internal Audit Associate Job
- Bachelor’s degree in B.Com or any other business related degree, with a minimum Second Upper degree class;
- Membership to professional bodies (ICPAK/IIA) highly desirable;
- Full professional qualification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA;
- Minimum of B+ in KCSE;
- At least 3 years audit experience;
- Results oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- High level of independence and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess exemplary report writing skills.
How to Apply