Cytonn Real Estate, a leading brand in Real Estate Development, Finance and Investments; is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, team player, to lead the design and development of over Kshs. 55 billion of real estate projects. Working with a management team, the development director will manage all phases of development, from site identification, evaluation, and acquisition; design, tendering, construction and exit. The role also includes managing all the associated real estate services. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan.
Responsibilities for the Director of Design & Development Job
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors to establish the operational structures for the company;
- Oversee feasibility studies, including market research and surveys to ensure that contemplated developments are responsive to the prevailing economic, social and demographic trends; and to identify non obvious development opportunities;
- Coordinate site identification and acquisitions that are suitable for investment grade real estate targeted at Diaspora, High Net-worth and Global Markets investors;
- Coordinate the creation of compelling development concepts;
- Development of strong business cases for projects to ensure that developments are financially viable and can attract requisite funding;
- Develop permitting strategy and secure permits and requisite statutory approvals in coordination with municipal officials, legal counsel and architects;
- Manage the tendering process and assembling of development team, including architects, contractors, engineers, and development consultants; negotiate contracts and coordinate development team throughout the development process. The Senior Development Manager shall therefore be responsible to manage the development team for efficiency and maximum results;
- Guide teams through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff;
- Select and implement appropriate construction management approach on project-specific basis; therefore, manage and oversee the approach selected;
- Develop and maintain Master Project Schedules;
- Monitor project progress including schedule and budget variance; manage team to deliver project on budget and schedule;
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations;
- Coordinating every phase of development and any additional project management activities as required.
Director of Design & Development Job Qualifications
- 10 years’ experience in real estate development including several years of experience in large developments / projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, a post graduate degree will be an added advantage;
- Experience in managing real estate development projects, preferably with global markets experience;
- Experience must include demonstrable knowledge of real estate valuation techniques, project finance, development project cash flow modeling, public approvals and permitting/entitlement process;
- Experience managing contractors and architects through design and construction;
- Track record of managing projects to budget and schedule;
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts;
- Strong analytic skills, including ability to independently conduct real estate financial analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community;
- Ability to organize work, work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
- Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work, with a sense of humor is desired;
- Strong problem solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency;
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by clicking on this link. Deadline is December 15, 2016