Director of Design and Development Jobs at Cytonn Investments
Job Category: Project Management
Closing Date: April 14th, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
We currently have over Kshs. 74 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
Working with a management team, the development director will manage all phases of development, from site identification, evaluation, and acquisition; design, tendering, construction and exit, Stakeholder’s engagement and relationship management, lead the operations management of the completed development and oversee the structuring of upcoming projects.
The role also includes managing all the associated real estate services.
Director of Design & Development Job Responsibilities
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors to establish the operational structures for the company
- Oversee feasibility studies, including market research and surveys to ensure that contemplated developments are responsive to the prevailing economic, social and demographic trends; and to identify non obvious development opportunities
- Coordinate site identification and acquisitions that are suitable for investment grade real estate targeted at Diaspora, High Net-worth and Global Markets investors
- Coordinate the creation of compelling development concepts
- Development of strong business cases for projects to ensure that developments are financially viable and can attract requisite funding
- Develop permitting strategy and secure permits and requisite statutory approvals in coordination with municipal officials, legal counsel and architects
- Manage the tendering process and assembling of development team, including architects, contractors, engineers, and development consultants; negotiate contracts and coordinate development team throughout the development process.
- The Director of Design & Development shall therefore be responsible to manage the development team for efficiency and maximum results
- Select and implement appropriate end to end construction management approach on project-specific basis; therefore, manage and oversee the approach selected including but not limited to; developing and maintaining masterproject schedules, monitor project progress including schedule and budget variance, manage the team to deliver project on budget and schedule, oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations, coordinanting every phase of development and any additional project management activities as required
Requirements for the Director of Design & Development Job
- 10 years’ experience in real estate development including several years of experience in large developments / projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, a post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Experience in managing real estate development projects, preferably with global markets experience
- Track record of managing projects to budget and schedule
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts
- Strong analytic skills, including ability to independently conduct real estate financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community
- Ability to organize work, work independently, problem solve, and be persistent
- Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work, with a sense of humor is desired
- Strong problem solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team in a fast paced environment
How to Apply