Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region.
We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate. To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team as a Project Procurement Analyst
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good analytical and quantitative reasoning
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in demanding environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft excel
Procurement Job Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic and operational procurement activities to support various real estate projects;
- Optimizing value from supplier relationships through procurement excellence, including reducing risk and managing compliance;
- Responsible for supplier and contract negotiations which will involve understanding and knowledge of commercials and competitive pricing for packages related to real estate projects;
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations;
- Issue purchase orders for supplies and ensure Project purchases are made in a timely, flexible, accurate and cost effective way;
- Assess status of construction projects, forecast upcoming demand and ensure timely delivery of required materials and equipment;
- Adequate verification of supplied materials and equipment to ensure compliance to agreed quality & quantity;
- Where applicable, manage material and equipment inventory prior to delivery to site;
- Manage and develop strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers, dealing with any potential issues and concerns in an effective and timely manner
- Maintain supplier information in the company database;
- Research on new real estate materials for design and cost savings;
- Assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines
Qualifications for Procurement Job
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of Second upper, or equivalent work experience in Procurement/ Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience required either in the corporate environment, third party service provider or as a contractor
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of real estate construction materials & equipment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, supervisory and creativity,
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Knowledge in overseas procurement processes and procedures
- Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page here and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 22nd July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.