Financial Planning and Analysis Associate Jobs at Cytonn Investments
Job Category: Finance
Closing Date: April 15th, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
We currently have over Kshs. 74 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
The FP&A team as a whole has the responsibility for the Budget, Forecast and Plan for the Firm, the definition and implementation of KPIs and the monitoring, analysis and reporting of the Firm’s results versus these targets.
The team has the mandate to provide key financial support to the business units and timely and insightful management reporting to the executive.
Financial Planning & Analysis Associate Job Responsibilities
- Working in partnership with the Financial Reporting and Business Unit teams driving the month end close process through to successful and timely completion
- Ensure results for the period are complete and accurate and provide meaningful commentary
- Improve and develop all weekly and monthly financial activities, including planning, forecasting, and reporting models using excel or other modelling tools
- Monitor forecast accuracy, understand drivers of variances, and provide recommendations to improve the quality of the forecasts
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, timely and whenever possible automated
- Establish effective collaborations with key business unit partners to support provision of accurate and timely information and enable effective analysis
- Perform ad hoc reporting & performance analytics
- Support other Corporate Reporting
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Financial Planning & Analysis Associate Job
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Proactive, confident and a self-starter
- Experience performing financial and statistical analysis using Excel or other tools and providing recommendations to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Experience defining and implementing dashboards for business intelligence platform
- Ability to develop relationships with your business partners
- Expertise managing, evaluating, analysing data and creating meaningful business reporting
- Excellent communication and reasoning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Minimum education level requirements are B+ at KCSE (or equivalent) and 2nd Class Upper Division (or equivalent) at University
How to Apply