JOB DESCRIPTION – REAL ESTATE AGENCY ASSOCIATE
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to individual high net-worth investors, global and institutional investors and Kenyans in the diaspora interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 59 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
In order to offer high quality real estate projects, Cytonn’s Strategy is anchored on three main pillars, including (i) financing capability through the investment arm (ii) development capability through Cytonn Real Estate, our development affiliate, and (iii) partnerships with land owners through joint ventures arrangements.
To manage our rapid growth and enhance our corporate structure, the firm is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join as a Real Estate Agency Associate.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
- Liaising with banks, building societies, mortgage brokers, developers, surveyors, solicitors and other estate agencies for the agency sales of various real estate projects;
- Supervision real estate sales agents, and assisting in administrative duties for Cytonn Real Estate to stay ahead in the real estate industry;
- Develop effective training programs that teach agents how to acquire customers, negotiate deals, secure financing and complete paperwork for the sale;
- Collecting information regarding property in question in order to facilitate its valuation;
- Valuing property in comparison to other properties in the market in order to let or sell it for the company at the best price;
- Matching prospective sellers with prospective buyers;
- Negotiating terms of sale, mortgage, charge or letting as an intermediary between buying and selling parties;
- Marketing of the property and negotiating of deals concerning it on behalf of Cytonn Real Estate to ensure that the property is fully let or sold out in a reasonable duration of time;
- Advising on the best way forward regarding Cytonn Real Estate’s property and also guiding potential buyers on decision-making when it comes to purchasing/renting of property;
- Ensuring that the company is up to date with recent market trends to determine the next step when it comes to properties under the company.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Second Upper Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, with a master’s degree as an added advantage;
- KCSE B+ and above;
- Three years of full-time experience in real estate agency or real estate analysis, with at least one year of supervisory experience as an added advantage;
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail;
- Innovative problem solver and very quick learner;
- Very strong teamwork and networking capabilities;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.cytonn.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV and daytime contact by the close of business on Wednesday, 13th April, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted