Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate.
In collaboration with our global institutional investors, namely Taaleri of Finland, who manages over USD 5 billion in assets, Cytonn Investments is looking to diversify into the renewable energy sector, specifically solar and wind, with planned investments over the medium-term of USD 800 mn.
To grow the Energy Investments Team, Cytonn Investments is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individuals with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills for the following positions:
- Investments Associate – Renewable Energy Investments
- Investments Analyst – Renewable Energy Investments
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a strong equity incentive structure.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Innovative problem solver and very quick learner
- Resourceful and able to find and analyze information in a data-deficient environment
- Very strong teamwork and networking capabilities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and committed to working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent excel and financial modeling skills
- Minimum 2 years for Analyst, 4 years for Associate and 6 years for Manager, industry-related experience in energy / renewable energy, energy project management, private equity, investment banking, corporate finance etc.,
- Preference will be given to those candidates with international and/or pan-African deal-sourcing experience,
- Significant exposure to mergers & acquisitions and capital raisings,
- Previous exposure to transaction structuring, funding and execution in the renewable energy sector,
- Experience conducting company/industry analysis for investments.
- Deal sourcing for renewable energy deals in solar (minimum 20 MW) and wind energy (min 25 MW)
- Work alongside the Private Equity and Energy Investment Team to build a strong transaction pipeline for our investors, and identifying investment opportunities,
- Participate in all aspects of the transaction process including deal sourcing, industry research, financial modelling and valuation, preparing investment memoranda, due diligence and ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies,
- Oversee negotiation of land lease agreements, permitting and planning, and Power Purchase Agreements,
- Leading and supervising research on renewable energy, Power Purchase Agreements and demand for renewable energy,
- Leading and supervising the evaluation, valuation, pricing and negotiation of investment opportunities including the term sheet, due diligence investigations and transaction documents for investments for each investment,
- Support deal partners in conducting financial and operational due diligence on potential investments, including: sector reviews, macroeconomic and political risk analysis and capable of thorough desktop research using all relevant third party sources,
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis in MS Excel, including: design models; identify key drivers and build in sensitivities as appropriate; strong understanding of different valuation methodologies, and ability to identify relative defects and effectiveness of each valuation tool,
- Prepare presentations and information memos in MS Word and PowerPoint for a variety of purposes and end-users including Investment Committee and portfolio companies,
- Monitor and analyze portfolio company operations, track KPIs, conduct top-down industry research and develop suggestions to improve company competitive strategy or operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, with minimum Second Upper Degree Class,
- A professional course in related fields
- Applicants in the CFA program, and those with a strong financial background, will have an added advantage
- Strong interest in and aptitude for finance – reviewing company financial statements,
- Open minded and willing to learn
July 29, 2016