Vacancies: Project Management Associate
Summary: Cytonn Real Estate is a leading real estate developer in the region with over Kshs. 50 billion of projects under mandate.
Taaleritehdas of Finland is a NASDAQ OMS listed investment manager with around USD 5 billion of assets under management and is also the leading real estate financier in the region, financing projects in Nairobi, Meru, Kiambu, Kigali, and Maputo.
Cytonn and Taaleritehdas have partnered to develop various projects.
Given the growing number of ongoing projects, Cytonn is looking to strengthen the Project Management team and is seeking highly motivated, self-directed, team players to fill the positions of Project Management Associate (2 positions).
The successful candidates will have a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; and a minimum of B+ in KCSE, or equivalent
- About 3 years of project management experience
- Experience managing real estate projects, especially in advanced real estate markets such as London, Dubai, will be an added advantage
- Experience with analysis and critique of project Bill of Quantities in great detail
- Experience with procurement strategies
- Certification or path to certification in project management will be an added advantage
- Experience managing contractors and architects through design and construction
- Track record of managing projects to budget, schedule and quality
- Strong analytic skills, including ability to coordinate real estate financial analysis.
- Familiarity with financial concepts such as IRR, NPV, TMB is essential
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community
- Ability to organize work, work independently, problem solve, and be persistent
- Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self driven attitude towards work, with a sense of humor is desired
- Strong problem solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a team in a fast paced environment
- Ultimately, the individual has to be driven and passionate about delivering quality real estate products into the region
- Assist the team that will be undertaking feasibility studies by helping come up with the right questions and areas to focus on
- Work together with service providers to create compelling development concepts that meet our clients investment objectives
- Lead design teams towards implementation of developments in the most cost effective way
- Develop strong business cases for projects to ensure that developments are financially viable and can attract requisite funding
- Coordinate the acquisition of all business development permits in collaboration with municipal officials, legal counsel and architects
- Coordinate the tendering process and assembling of the development team, including architects, contractors, engineers, and development consultants
- Develop and maintain Master Project Schedules
- Monitor project progress including schedule and budget variance, and manage teams to deliver projects to budget, schedule and quality
- Coordinating every phase of development and any additional project management activities as required
How to Apply
All applications should be made ONLY online on the Company website at http://cytonn.com/careers/30Closing Date August 21, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.