Admin Assistant Jobs At DAI NGO In Kenya
Administrative Assistant-Kisumu Office
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project. The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya. Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in specific target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Administrative Assistant will support the HR & Office Manager in the performance of all the administrative duties for the KIWASH office in Kisumu.
Admin Assistant Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Manage and oversee the front desk
- Handle calls, mail, and electronic communications and routing messages and information to appropriate individuals.
- Answers and manages telephones, takes and relays messages to staff as needed.
- Receiving and directing visitors to correct office/persons
- Make appointments and maintain a group calendar.
- Makes photocopies of project documents and reports as needed.
- Taking notes during meetings or training sessions as requested.
- Maintain administrative files and office supplies; request additional supplies as needed.
- Arranges and schedules meetings and appointments for KIWASH staff and prepares required materials.
- Assist with Office management
- Assist the HR/Office Manager, as needed, with recruitment and personnel administration.
- Petty Cash management
- Application and renewal of licenses and permits
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For Admin Assistant Jobs In Kenya
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- At least 3 years work experience in the administrative/HR support field, preferably with USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Base of Operations
- Kisumu, Kenya
- The Administrative Assistant will report to the HR/Office Manager.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link, HERE 12:00 am East Africa Local time. Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible.