Assistant Procurement Manager Job at DAI
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project. KIWASH is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in specific target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
The Assistant Procurement and Local Subcontracts Manager is a key member of the Procurement Team. He/She will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls.
The main responsibility for this position is to assist in oversight and conduct procurement of goods and services. The position requires relevant work experience in the field of procurement and contracting across a variety of industry sectors, contract management, dispute resolution, managing interpersonal relationships and communication, and investigating/following up on vendor issues.
The position requires knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The Assistant Procurement Manager will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that complete procurement related backup documentation is provided prior to submission to Finance Team. He/She will oversee solicitations, and price/cost/reasonability analyses.
The Assistant Procurement Manager will supervise the Procurement Specialist (s), Officers and he/she may need to assume main procurement responsibilities when needed.
Duties for the Assistant Procurement Manager Job
- Develop acquisition planning reports and present to Senior Management on a quarterly basis at a minimum, or more often as required
- Monitor and track procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services Audit
- Ensure complete backup documentation for procurement purchases is submitted to project’s Finance Team
- Perform regular spot audits of procurement files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary Policies & Procedures
- Ensure integrity, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes
- Ensure DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced
- Help project staff become more familiar, and understand, DAI policies and procedures as related to procurement by conducting trainings or other methods as necessary Procurement Management Systems
- Enforce use of DAI’s operations & procurement system (TAMIS), etc
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
- Train other DAI staff in the use of procurement systems, as necessary General Acquisition & Procurement Responsibilities
- Oversee solicitation bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions and quarterly procurement plans
- Monitor, track and expedite all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Ensure pricing information is accurate and aligns with acquisition policies
- Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses
- Review requisition documentation, cost estimates, statements of work, etc.
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications
- Determine source selection methods for complex procurement to ensure compliance
- Serve as a non-voting chairperson on evaluation committees in accordance with DAI policies/procedures and thresholds
- Assist project staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process
- Prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services). Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies
- Maintain procurement file system in DAI’s system
- Work closely with various home office support staff
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises the Procurement and Local Subcontracts Specialist, Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer (s) and Assistant.
Assistant Procurement Manager Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. A Masters’ degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in procurement
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a procurement role in Mid to Senior Management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a procurement role for USAID funded projects
- Experience leading and managing the procurement & acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
- Fluency in English is required
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link, https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/assistant_procurement_and_local_subcontracts_manager by
April 20, 2017.
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible. Copy the link and paste it on the browser to submit your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics