DAI Jobs Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in nine target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
- Prepare and file complete backup documentation for procurement purchases to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary
- Uphold integrity, compliance, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes
- Assist in compliance with DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
Responsibilities for the Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant Job
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions
Assist in tracking all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses
Prepare cost evaluation data and source selection documentation
Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers, products, and services
Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies
Maintain accurate procurement records in DAI’s procurement system (TAMIS) Pro
Assist in market research and soliciting bids /quotes from vendors for items in adherence with project policies.
Provide day-to-day operations and logistics support to the program teams
Assist in monitoring, tracking and expediting program procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services.
Assist with completing the procurement process through raising payment requests through the procurement software.
Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed
The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing and supply chain management or related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience in procurement
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a procurement role for USAID-funded projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process
- A diploma professional procurement and supply change management qualification such as CIPS, CPSP-K, etc.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
Base of Operations
Nairobi, Kenya with travel to project activity sites as needed.
The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant will work closely with the Procurement Specialist and report to the Procurement & Subcontracts Manager.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link, https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/procurement_and_local_subcontracts_assistant by
January 11, 2017. Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible.
Copy the link and paste it on the browser to submit your application.
NB: *The position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.*
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.