DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Project Drivers for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
KIWASH is a five-year initiative of the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
Its primary goal is to improve lives and health of Kenyan citizens in nine counties through development and management of sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services.
Objectives and Duties:
The project drivers will maintain all project vehicles and drive project staff to and from meetings, appointments, and all other project-related travels.
Overnight travel may be required, as directed by the project.
The Drivers will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Vehicle maintenance including regular check-up, cleaning, and fueling.
- Maintaining an accurate vehicle log.
- Working with the Logistics Officer to manage daily vehicle and trip scheduling as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records and paperwork on all vehicle-related purchases and maintenance.
- Providing safe transportation to and from locations for project staff.
- Ensuring compliance with all DAI and local driving laws and regulations.
- Assist the Logistics Officer and Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of English.
- Excellent driving record.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet analysis experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Valid local driver’s license.
- Completion of secondary education
- At least 3 years of work experience as a driver, preferably for a USAID or other international donor-funded project.
- Knowledge of defensive driving skills is a plus
The project drivers will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations:
- Busia County – 1 Position
- Kakamega County – 1 Position
- Nyamira County – 1 Position
- Siaya County – 1 Position
- Kisumu County- 1 Position
- Makueni County – 1 Position
- Kitui County- 1 Position
- Migori County – 1 Position
Reporting: The project drivers will report to the Logistics Officer.
Due to the urgency of some of these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for shortlisting and interviews.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link, https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/project_drivers by August 1, 2016.
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics