Administrative: Act as administrative head of risk, legal and compliance for the area. These duties include amongst others; filing all statutory returns and maintaining internal compliance tracking tools
This role is accountable for ensuring that
• All corporate licenses / legal agreements/ Bank Guarantees are securely stored.
• Establishing sufficient controls to ensure that all statutory returns, resolutions or any other secretarial functions are performed within internal and statutory deadlines.
• Any changes in legislation are assessed for the impact to the organization and are brought to the attention of the management team.
Accountable for putting processes in place that ensure
• The area organization is fully compliant with group insurance requirements
• Claims are handled in a timely manner
• Risk management advice is available to the operational and commercial teams
• Timely and accurate reporting is available to management.
• Authority Matrix is relevant at all times and is strictly adhered to.
• A framework of various compliance requirements is developed, maintained and adhered to.
• Corporate Tax, With-holding Tax, VAT and any other tax requirements for the area are met and accurate, timely reconciliations performed and are filed safely.
• To fully comply and implement all control process that are reflected in Damco Tax Manual
• Drive continuous improvements in above areas.
• Manage the External service providers for the area.
• Assist the Tax Manager on ad-hoc tasks.
• Ensuring good collaboration/co-operation with GSC and other functional teams.
• Degree in Accounting
• At least 3 years’ experience in operational financial management; particularly tax, compliance and risk management
• Auditing experience an advantage
• Analytical thinker
• “Driver” behavior; challenging status quo
• Ability to relate with senior management and functional leaders on Damco business concepts
• Quality & result – driven; persistent in obtaining desired objectives
• Managing others and/or obtaining results through influence
• Team player
• Problem solving
• Effective communicator / Persuasive
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
We Offer A visible role where you will be responsible for the administrative, compliance, legal, and risk management of the Area organization, which includes statutory and management reporting, development and monitoring of both internal and external compliance and claims management In return, you will gain valuable experience in long-term strategy planning and execution, negotiation, and play a pivotal role in setting the future direction of Damco EAF.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here