Village Savings and Loans Officer Job At DRC
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has been active in Kenya since 2005.
The Kenya Program provides services and support in the sectors of livelihoods, community development, and protection and for refugees residing in Kenya and the resident hosting communities.
DRC has operational offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab and Kakuma implementing programs directly and in partnership with local NGOs.
The DRC Kenya program is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions;
Village Savings and Loans Officer (VSL) – Kakuma
Loans Officer Job Responsibilities
- The Village Savings and Loans Officer will be based in DRC’s Kakuma office with regular visits to all field/site locations and adjacent subcounties.
- As part of the implementation of VSL activities, the incumbent will lead all aspects of project implementation, including quality programming, capacity-building, M&E, documentation, Savings Groups global benchmarking, in compliance with both DRC’s and donor’s policies and procedures.
- The officer will monitor groups’ self management maturity and transition as guided by the group objectives and targets.
- Work closely with the Village Agents (VAs) to ensure that financial linkage and education, entrepreneurship and small business management capacity development is implemented within the Sub-Counties.
Qualifications For Loans Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, micro finance or in the Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 4 years in development work with at least 2-3 years demonstrable capacity in Savings Groups approaches.
- The candidate must possess a good understanding of general or global livelihoods and how VS&L contributes towards self-reliance through improving livelihoods.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. We only accept applications through our online system HERE under Vacancies – “VSL Officer / Project Assistant-Psychosocial Support” in English no later than noon, Friday 25th September, 2015. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact [email protected]