Project Assistant Job At DRC
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has been active in Kenya since 2005.
The Kenya Program provides services and support in the sectors of livelihoods, community development, and protection and for refugees residing in Kenya and the resident hosting communities.
DRC has operational offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab and Kakuma implementing programs directly and in partnership with local NGOs.
The DRC Kenya program is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions;
Project Assistant – Psychosocial Support – Kakuma
Project Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the Project Assistant is responsible for providing counseling for adolescents and youth (both individual and group) by using youth friendly intervention approaches to help them process their emotional conflict.
- The Project Assistant will provide ongoing psychoeducation, sensitization and training to families, stakeholders and the community within the refugee camp.
Qualifications For Project Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology,
- Must have a strong psychological counseling & social work background.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- At least a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience.
- Working/implementing projects in hardship operations in a humanitarian context is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. We only accept applications through our online system HERE under Vacancies – “VSL Officer / Project Assistant-Psychosocial Support” in English no later than noon, Friday 25th September, 2015. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org