The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has been active in Kenya since 2005. The Kenya Program provides services and support in the sectors of livelihoods, community development, and protection and for refugees residing in Kenya and the resident hosting communities. DRC has operational offices in Nairobi, Dadaab and Kakuma implementing programs directly and in partnership with local NGOs.
Supports in ensuring effective and efficient administrative and HR support to the DRC Dadaab Field Office
- Support the Program Support Coordinator and HR/Admin Coordinator in developing, establishing, maintaining, archiving and auditing HR and administrative systems
- Act as a focal point on issues related to HR Policies in liaison with the HRO
- Ensure personnel files are complete and updated while ensuring adherence to highest levels of confidentiality
- Maintain the R&R schedule and maintain leave tracking to ensure complete documentation for movement at all times for Dadaab based staff
- Receive new employees and conduct preliminary induction and introduce them to all departments and staff.
- Act as Liaison between DRC and the Catering and Cleaning company and follows with its representative on the general compound cleanliness, hygiene, and services provided
- Acts as the focal point for work related travel needs (flight/taxi/vehicle bookings, visas, etc.) and follow-ups up on any related issues
- Provide basic ad hoc procurement support to the Logistics Department
- Provides “front desk” administration
(a) Guest reception: Providing general initial feedback to visitors
(b) Provide status of invoices or checks to contractors/suppliers at the Dadaab office
(c) Handling incoming and outgoing mail/correspondence and distribution and filling of the same
- Assist in organizing and coordinating logistical arrangements pertaining to various events such as meetings, briefings and work related travel/accommodation and attend meetings, take and prepare minutes and distribute the same to relevant parties
- Key contact person for flight bookings for DDB based staff in liaison with NBO office
- Participate in the recruitment process in DDB to ensure compliance with DRC hiring procedures as outlined in the HR Manual as well as preparation for contracts for incentive staff.
- Administer exit interviews and monitor clearance by exiting staff.
- Assist the HRO in coordinating the annual performance appraisal exercise. Liaise with relevant supervisors to ensure all the relevant appraisal forms /documents are submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordination of accommodation booking in for visitors in DDB and ensure they are invoiced for payments.
- Request for supplies (office and accommodation) i.e. stationeries, consumables, linen, toiletries and cleaning material on time, distribute to staff/outsourcing company and track usage.
- Liaise with security focal person and the officer responsible that there is sufficient lighting and firefighting equipment installed.
- Supports the HRO in carrying out and archiving staff recruitments, as well as maintaining a preferred-candidates roster in the Dadaab office
- Assists with completion of necessary reports or compilation of information as requested
- Ensures that efficient filing and record-keeping systems are established and maintained (both HR and Admin functions)
- Ensures that office premises, furniture and equipment are properly managed and maintained
- Attends to other administrative support, program support and other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Diploma in Human Resources from a recognized institution (A degree will be an added advantage)
- At least 1 years’ experience in an NGO/INGO set up preferably in a refugee set up.
- Experience working with Persons of Concern will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the Kenya Labour Laws
- Computer skills in Ms word, excel, power point is paramount
- Good organizational skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical)
- Cheerful presence and people skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to work extended hours when required
- Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
This position is field based and a non-family duty station. Dadaab lies at security phase 5. Accommodation is provided in the DRC Compound and for every 6 weeks spent in the region, DRC allows a staff member 5 days of Rest and Relaxation (R&R). (This is exclusive of 2 travel days)
Reports to Programs Support Coordinator (Dadaab) with technical liaison with the HR & Admin Coordinator (Nairobi)
Duty Station: Dadaab, Garissa County, Kenya.
Contract: Until 31st December, 2016, with possibility of renewal
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here